Sunday, June 20, 2010

Daddy's Little Girl


On this Father's Day, I want to take a minute to share some of the reasons why I love my my daddy so much. (Yes, I will always call him "Daddy" and I will always be Daddy's little girl). God has blessed me exponentially by giving me such a wonderful man to call my daddy. I love him more than words can really explain, but I'll still give it a try.

I love my daddy because...

My hand always fit perfectly inside of his.

He always gave me goodnight kisses.

He was never too busy or tired to play tickle monster.

He took me hiking, camping, backpacking, and fishing.

He abandoned some of his "manly" duties to braid my hair.

He played diving games with my sister and me until we were pruney.

He always encouraged me to set high standards and go for my dreams.

He chose to stay committed to his family.

He exemplifies faith and devotion to God.

He's not afraid to be goofy.

He taught me how to throw, catch, and bat.

He danced with me to Sleeping Beauty.... "I know you. I walked with you once upon a dream."

He treated me like a princess but also taught me the value of hard work.

He loved me no matter what, and he still does.


Thank you, Daddy, for being everything I could ever want in a father. I love you!


5 comments:

  1. What a sweet tribute to your father! I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! You have a very special dad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your family is just stunning and you can tell how much you guys love each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bailey, I love the way you write...especially about people you love! You have such a gift. The picture of you, Jordan and your dad is stunning.

    Love ya,
    Joni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bailey you have such a beautiful family! And it sounds like your daddy is an amazing man! You're one lucky girl :-)

    ReplyDelete