Wednesday, June 9, 2010

More and more each day...

I can't always understand why God has so richly blessed my life. He has guided my paths from the very beginning, and He has sometimes diverted my own inferior plans to complete His all-knowing ones. I never imagined that I would be married to a childhood friend and living in St. Petersburg, FL. I have fretted about failing to graduate "in time," but I have seen that His time is what counts.

I recently started a writing project for Roy Peter Clark of the Poynter Institute (the company that owns the St. Petersburg Times). This opportunity fell in my lap by the shear grace of God, and He is allowing me to build my writing, researching, and editing skills through it. My connection with Mr. Clark has since led to another internship opportunity, this time doing research for an author regarding her second book. I can almost hear God gently whispering to me, "I told you so." Why do I worry when He is constantly telling me and showing me that He has a plan? When Ryan was first stationed in St. Petersburg, I worried that the universities wouldn't be good enough and that I would never get established in writing or editing. Now I see that God brought me to a place filled with opportunity.

Not only has God poured out his blessings on my writing and editing aspirations, He has also given us a home to call our own. I love our new house more all the time. Again, I feel like God is trying to prove his overwhelming love and provision for us. He is on His throne, He is in control, and I have nothing to fear.

More and more each day, I am seeing and experiencing how His plans will always transcend my own. Thank heaven for that!

1 comment:

  1. Amen! That's such wonderful news! I'm so happy for you! God is truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete