Monday, October 4, 2010

Another year

In about two hours, I will officially be 23 years old. I still haven't gotten used to saying that I'm 22, so when people ask how old I am now, most likely the response will be, "Um...let me think...Oh! I'm 23." On the eve of another year in my life, I decided to share some of my favorite things about my 22nd year and some of the things I want for the 23rd.

The best of 22:

Being newly married to the man of my dreams.
Moving into a house that I love.
Making new friends who have become very dear to my heart.
Remembering and staying in touch with the old friends that still mean so much to me.
Growing in my faith and my personal relationship with my Savior.
Getting my puppy who steals more of my heart every day :-).
Gaining opportunities to write for wonderful people.
Learning how to make a few more meals.
Staying close to my wonderful family, even though we're far apart.
Bonding with my new family members.

Hopes for 23:

Grow even closer to my husband.
Increase my love for God each day and be a constant display of His love.
Get a job, preferably one that I like :-).
Develop deeper relationships with new friends and stay in touch with the old ones.
Bond more and more with my own family and my amazing in-laws.
Learn more about photography (with my new camera from my hubby!).
Serve others.
Experience more of Florida.
Be content and thankful in all circumstances.

I'm sure there is so much more I could include for this past year and for the next one. But these are the things that float to the surface of my mind. Thank you , God, for giving me another year!


4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Sweet Bailey! I love reading your posts. They are like a gift in themselves. I hope you are truly blessed tomorrow with a wonderful birthday. Your house looks great! I love the way you have decorated it and made it look so inviting. The yard is shaping up too.:) You are a wonderful daughter-in-law and Steve and I love you very much. See ya at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Happy Happy birthday girly! May God bless you in this new year and bring you much joy and happiness! Now go have a big slice of yummy cake! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Late Birthday. I will call soon. Can't wait for Christmas and all of the time we get to spend together. I can't wait to see your new camera! Love you sister-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Great goals for your 23rd year!

    ReplyDelete