Friday, October 15, 2010

How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard





It's been a few weeks since my parents came to visit, and I'm already looking forward to the next time we get to see one another. I feel incredibly blessed to have the parents that I do. I admire them in so many ways, and they never fail to give me the support, love, and encouragement that I need. I thank God that he put two such amazing people in my life, who helped make me the person I am today.



During the short time that both of my parents were here, we were able to squeeze in a handful of fun activities. We went out to dinner, walked around downtown St. Pete, and went to the beach. My parents were also kind enough to help me with some landscaping on a very hot day. I wouldn't have pretty flowers in my front yard had it not been for their hard work.

Sadly, my daddy had to leave after the long weekend to get back to work. But Mama got to stay the rest of that week, and we had a blast spending time together. We had great girl time, touching up the decor in the family room and shopping in Sarasota. It was wonderful to have her there to keep me company while Ryan worked in the evenings.



The end of the visit for both of my parents arrived too soon... as usual. But I am thankful that we shared such a fun and memorable time together. Every time I say goodbye to my parents after a visit, it feels bittersweet. I always hate saying goodbye, but I'm also always reminded of how blessed I am to have them in my life at all. Indeed..."How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."

2 comments:

  1. I can't imagine how hard it would be to not live close to my parents. I'm glad that you are still able to see them quite a bit though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always have a hard time saying good bye to my family (I actually do cry each time), too. But you are right, it's awesome to have someone you love so much that you hate saying goodbye to.

    ReplyDelete