Sunday, June 19, 2011

On Fathers' Day


On Fathers' Day, I would like to share just how much I adore my daddy!

Since I was a little girl, I have constantly heard "You like just like your dad!" But as I grow older, I find myself hoping that my inner qualities resemble my father as well. I respect my daddy in so many ways, and I want to pick up on his many admirable traits.

My dad is sweet and kind-hearted, and he cares deeply for his family. He has always worked hard to provide for his girls and tells us he loves us on a consistent basis. He showers us with affection and I still savor his warm hugs whenever I see him.

My dad is a man of faith, and he has made his relationship with Jesus a central part of his life. He has made a lasting impact in the lives of young men by leading a Bible study, and he wants the best for his church and spiritual community.

My dad is wise and always offers good advice, whether it's giving insight into the thought process of my husband (who I sometimes think is a younger version of my dad :-)) or giving me guidance on how to handle things at work.

My dad is fun and isn't afraid to show his goofy side. He has one of the most contagious laughs I've ever heard. Once he starts laughing hard about something, I can't help but laugh with him until tears stream down my face. I love his silly sense of humor and the way he always found ways to entertain my mom, my sister, and me.

I love my daddy more than any of this can express. Thank you, God, for blessing me with such an amazing father! Happy Fathers' Day, Daddy!

2 comments:

  1. So sweet! I can't wait to see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bailey, we saw your mom and sister and Jenna's shower and Kristen and I kept talking about what a beautiful family you have inside and out! You are such a blessed girl!
    And I agree, you look SO much like your dad =)

    ReplyDelete