Thursday, July 21, 2011

Catching Up

After a busy month, I'm back from my blogging break and ready to share all that we've been up to. First and foremost, our trip to Colorado.

As usual, we enjoyed every minute in our beautiful home state with our amazing families. Though we were there for a whole two weeks, this trip went by faster than any of our visits to date. It may have been due to all of the wedding festivities during our first week in town.

My sister-in-law, Jenna, married the love of of her life, Brady, in a gorgeous ceremony on June 26. The wedding was beautiful, and it was amazing to be a part of it! I wish Jenna and Brady the absolute best in their life together, and I pray that God will bless their marriage immensely!

Other happenings in Colorado included....

Spending lots of time with the people we love the most.

My sweet sisters-in-law

My awesome father-in-law

Best family I could ask for!

Ry with his mom... I love her!

Enjoying the great outdoors.

Hiking in Estes Park

My sister, Jordan, and her boyfriend (also named Ryan)

And, of course, eating delicious food!

Homemade pizza with my Dad's wine

Some sweet treats

We were NOT ready to come back from such a wonderful trip. I definitely shed lots of tears our first few days back in Florida. I'm already counting the days 'til I can see my family again! I know I say this all the time, but I am so thankful to God that he has blessed me with such incredible loved ones. My own family members and my in-laws are the most loving, tender-hearted, and fun people I know. God is certainly good!

Shortly after we got back from Colorado, Ryan and I celebrated our two-year anniversary. Thanks to my generous aunt and uncle, we enjoyed a delicious anniversary dinner at Texas Cattle Company. Needless to say, my meat-and-potatoes husband was in heaven :-). But the highlight of my dinner was the Oreo cheesecake for dessert. Yum!

I cannot put into words how grateful I am for my husband. He is so good to me, and life would not be the same without him. He always makes me feel loved and beautiful with his sweet kisses, warm hugs, and encouraging words. I am the luckiest girl in the world to be married to such a charming, handsome, and genuinely kind man!


Speaking of my wonderful husband, I have been without him for the past week due to a Coast Guard deployment. Having him gone makes me even more aware of how much I love being with him. Even watching TV isn't the same when he's not here. Thankfully, he doesn't get deployed very often, and I have less than a week until I see his cute face again!

So that's pretty much what's been going on with us. I hope all of you have been enjoying the summer! I can't wait to catch up on some of your blogs too!


1 comment:

  1. Her wedding was so beautiful, I loved that we were able to be there. It looks like you had a great time with your family, as always you guys looked beautiful!

    ReplyDelete