Sunday, November 8, 2009

Colorado Weekend Recap

I got back Monday night (well, really Tuesday morning at 12:30 am) from Colorado, and it was so hard to come back to reality... especially since I had to work at 7:00 Tuesday morning. But I felt so happy to be able to fall asleep next to my adorable husband again. He even welcomed me with a beautiful bouquet of fall-colored flowers. He's amazing!

My visit with my parents was incredible. I had such a great time catching up with them, spending time next to the fireplace with the snow falling outside, passing out candy to cute trick-or-treaters, going on a walk with the beautiful countryside views once the snow melted, and making pumpkin pie. I loved getting to hug both my mom and my dad every day and be reminded of how much they mean to me.

The trip definitely made me more aware of just how much I miss Colorado and of course my family. Ryan and I are so excited for our visit together at Christmas time! When I first had to return to Florida, I felt so sad and discouraged about leaving my family and the home I loved for most of my life. Of course, I was ready to see Ryan again, but a huge part of me just wanted to fly him out to Colorado instead of going back to Florida myself. Thankfully, God really comforted me during my first couple of days back in the routine of work and chores and other responsibilities. As I completed my Bible study for the week, He reminded me that He has placed me here for a reason. Ryan and I may not love Florida or see it as our true home, but we are so blessed in our marriage and our life together, and we know that God has a plan for us wherever he chooses to take us. Being away from Colorado and our families isn't the easiest thing sometimes, but we can have faith and assurance in the fact that we are in His perfectly capable and loving hands.

Hope everyone has been doing well. I will post pictures from my trip soon!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Miss Bailey!

    I just wanted to leave you a note to say that even though being so far from family is so difficult it really is a blessing to be able to spend the time getting to know YOU and how you and Ryan together are. I remember when we left and moved to CA it was awful, the day my parents left us was the worst day. But each day we made a point of finding something we liked about where we were. It was kind of like a built in adventure. We got to explore new things and come up with new ways to take care of each other. I know that you will make the best. Looking back we actually really liked CA but I would never have thought that would have been true :) Love and miss you

    Brianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a good trip home - and I think your attitude about being away is so great. I'm not sure I would have such a godly attitude, though I would hope I would.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading your blog with tears rolling down my cheeks...I miss you more than you could ever imagine, my sweet, sweet Bailey. But I thank God that He is showing you the good things about being in Florida and I thank Him for your amazing husband. I know someday you'll look back on this season of your life and realize that you were growing exponentially in love, wisdom and faith. I see it already! Loving you.

    ReplyDelete