Sunday, October 25, 2009

Colorado, Here I Come!

Last weekend, while my mom and sister were visiting us in Florida, I got a phone call from my lonesome daddy, who was unable to get the time off work to join the rest of the family on the mini vacation. He said that he didn't know if he could wait until Christmas to see me and before I knew it, he was telling me that he wanted to fly me out to Colorado for a weekend! I could hardly believe it! Would I really get to see him before December? As it happened, Ryan was assigned a duty session over Halloween, so my dad decided to buy me a plane ticket home for that weekend. Therefore, I will be on my way to lovely but cold Colorado in three days! I can't wait to see my daddy and also my mommy again. It will be wonderful to be in my childhood home for the first time in a while. My parents keep warning me about the freezing weather I have to look forward to, but I am actually looking forward to breaking out a couple of my sweaters, sipping some hot cocoa, and enjoying chili and cornbread with my wonderful family. It's a shame that Ryan can't come along this time, but he's looking forward to the freedom of eating all the junk food he wants and having some guy time.

Another thing I'm excitedly anticipating for this coming weekend is being able to celebrate Halloween in my old house and neighborhood. It's always so fun to open the door and here the "Trick or Treats" of cute little ghosts, goblins, princesses, and power rangers. I will be thrilled to enjoy the evening at home by the fireplace, maybe watching a scary movie with my parents and passing out candy to the little kids of the neighborhood. Just thinking about it brings back fun memories of trick-or-treating with my little sister throughout the years of our childhood-- and well, our teenage years too. You're never to old to trick-or treat :-).

I will also get to spend some time with my grandpa when I'm in Colorado. It will be so nice to feel his tight hugs and talk with him about life. He's the sweetest man, and I can't wait to see him!

Now, all I have to do is make it through the next three days of work, and then it's off to home sweet Colorado! I'm only sad that I have to leave my sweet husband and cute puppy behind!

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet dad you have to fly you home! Have fun with your family this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay - it must feel good to get to come home for a couple days!

    ReplyDelete