Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Must Have Sleep!

I just got home from work, and I have a million chores I should be doing, but instead I am going to take a few minutes to write and vent some of my many emotions stirring inside my head. It seems strange to be writing a post like this, because I usually try to write about positive and fun topics. But today, I just can't be that upbeat.

I can't complain too much, because my 22nd birthday (which was yesterday) was fantastic all due to the incredibly sweet gestures of my loving husband. I adore him more every day for being the man he is and for treating me so well. However, I can complain a little because I have had two sleepless nights in a row, and as a person who NEEDS her sleep, I'm suffering a little bit. The last two nights, I have woken up at 3:00 in the morning or earliers, only to lie awake in bed until my alarm goes off at 6:00. It's such a frustrating feeling to be physically tired, yet be unable to sleep because of my rambling thoughts. These past couple nights, I have been entirely incapable of turning off my mind and drifting back to sleep. I pray, I think of Bible verses, I try to focus on anything soothing... but it all fails. All I want is a good night of sleep!

My sleeplessness (as you can probably tell) only intensifies my emotional side, so I feel like the tiniest things upset me. I start feeling more homesick for Colorado, I get teary-eyed at any little mistake I make, and the list goes on.

Sorry to dish out my grumpy, sleep-deprived mood on all of you readers, but thanks for allowing me to vent a little bit. Sometime this week, I will have much more joyful accounts of my weekend and birthday with my wonderful husband. For now, I am just praying for at least a good 7 hours of sleep tonight!

3 comments:

  1. I was wondering if you fell off the face of the earth =).
    I hope do better tonight and get a good nights sleep so all your anxiety will ease. I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm exactly like you, if I don't get enough sleep this is not a happy household. And I tend to need ALOT of sleep! Yeah, it's bad.
    I'm looking forward to reading about your birthday! Sounds like it was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vent, vent away sister! After all, this is your place to do so! I totally feel your pain with the lack of sleep. I hate nights like that when you are just so physically tired, but your mind won't shut off for at least a few hrs at a time for you to get a good night sleep! I really hope you get some rest soon. And happy happy (belated) birthday to you! Glad you had fun! I'm curious of what you did :-)

    ReplyDelete