Sunday, April 24, 2011

My Savior Lives!

Happy Easter to each and every one of you! I hope you had a blessed day celebrating the resurrection of our Lord and Savior! During worship at church this morning, it struck my heart afresh how glorious is the gift that Jesus bestowed upon those who trust in Him. The words of one song in particular touched my spirit, making me want to cry at the cost of my salvation, but also rejoice at my God's victory over death and the mercy He shows to me.

"You came near, from the everlasting to the world we live…The Father's only Son. You lived, You died, You rose again on high. You opened the way for the world to live again. Hallelujah for all You've done!"

I always love this song, but it has a special meaning on Easter, as we recognize what Jesus did for us and why we should live to bring Him glory. He conquered the grave and made a public spectacle of sin. He deserves every ounce of our praise!

Following that brief little "sermon" (haha!), I want to share some photos from our Easter celebration. Unfortunately, I didn't have my act together enough to get pictures with much food in them. But you'll get to see the blank canvas of our buffet tables. Ryan and I had a blast with many of our church friends, who joined us after the service for a resurrection Sunday brunch. We had ham, creamy potatoes, deviled eggs, muffins, and more scrumptious foods. It was wonderful hosting such a fun get-together, especially with our house back in order. As you’ll see in the pictures, Ryan finished installing our wood floors and baseboard this weekend. He's so great :-)!

I hope you enjoy these few pictures. Happy Easter again! He is risen indeed! Hallelujah!


Table #1 with yummy deviled eggs

Table #2 with plates ready to go

Close-up of the pretty flowers



I had to get another close-up of the flowers. I loved the spring colors!

An "after" shot of our ham :-)

Our sitting room, looking lovely with finished wood floors. Thank God for handy husbands!

1 comment:

  1. You are such an amazing writer and i love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete