Saturday, April 30, 2011

Wedding Talk


Can I just take a minute to share with all of you how much I loved Kate Middleton's wedding dress! She always looks really classy, so I knew that it would be beautiful, but oh my goodness! I fell in love, and I want to wear that dress right this minute!

I didn't see the dress until today, because I went to an English tea party at a friend's house, where we dressed up, ate scones, drank tea out of pretty china cups, and of course...watched the wedding ceremony.

I think I loved the dress so much because it was a flawless combination of classic and modern bridal styles. But since I'm an old soul, I definitely appreciated the traditional silhouette most. As I watched her walk down the isle, I kept having visions of Maria in the Sound of Music and Grace Kelly. Kate's dress definitely reflected both of these very classic designs. I think the gorgeous lace sleeves and full, but sleek skirt made her look like true royalty.

I realize that this post is centered on a somewhat surface, perhaps frivolous, topic. But every once in a while, I like to embrace some of the fun things about being a girl. And that includes admiring incredible wedding dresses and dreaming of being a princess myself. After all, EVERY girl is a princess, right! :-)

1 comment:

  1. AH I couldn't agree more her dress was AMAZING! I really love older styles over wedding gowns. Lace sleeves are amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete