Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I Am Whole

I've been going through Jennifer Kennedy Dean's "He Restores My Soul." This morning, the lesson was about choosing the way of the cross and leading a "crucifixion life." As followers of Christ, we can choose to react from His perspective even in difficult situations. As we respond to God's power and love, our old habits of pride and selfishness are crucified, and a new soul is resurrected within us. I love how God used Christ as a model for this. He resurrects my soul just as Christ was resurrected after doing the Father's will.

All of this is so much easier said than done, but sometimes I wonder how much more peaceful my life would be if I simply surrendered my own pride and worries to someone who has the power to heal and solve all things. My guess is that my peace would pass understanding :-).

I Am Whole

Let this my crucifixion be,
as I lift my gaze toward the cross.
That Christ is my sufficiency;
I count all else as deepest loss.

Broken as Jesus on the tree,
and like the Savior's risen soul,
I sense the power of Him in me.
my life is renewed, I am whole.

2 comments:

  1. Did you write that poem? It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I did write it. It was God inspiring me because I never write poetry :-).

    ReplyDelete