Sunday, August 23, 2009

A New Job for My New Life


After being in Florida for about two weeks, I decided that it was time to look around for a part-time job. Until I start school, I need something to keep me busy and productive while Ryan is at work, especially as he is working evenings. So I picked up applications for several places: Starbucks, Panera, and a local smoothie cafe. If not for my husband, Mr. smoothie fanatic, I probably wouldn't have even thought to apply at the third place. I had never really noticed it before, and I hadn't heard of the name. But after Ryan told me how thrilled he would be if his wife worked at a delicious smoothie store, I thought I'd give it a try. Low and behold, I got the job!

My stylin' uniform

I am now past my first few days of training, and I am having a lot of fun. The people I work with are very friendly and willing to help, and the smoothie samples I get to taste throughout the day are definite pluses as well! It's interesting how even a part-time job can make you feel better about yourself. I feel like this is another step toward getting settled into my new environment and living a productive life. It's nice to have a job where you can show people generosity and kindness every day, simply by offering a warm smile and a yummy smoothie :-). It may sound silly and trite, but it's true. I guess a little job can go a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment