Saturday, September 26, 2009

18 Days and Counting!


It's official. In 18 days I will be picking my mommy up from the airport and bringing her to stay in our Florida apartment for the first time. And in 19 days, my little sister will be coming to visit me too! I cannot express how thrilled I am at the thought of seeing my family again. I only wish that my daddy could come too. Let's hope that he feels so left out that he caves in a buys a plane ticket to Florida!

There are so many things that I am looking forward too about having my mom and sister here. I can't wait to show them our little apartment, decorated with a variety of my grammie's old furniture. I can't wait to wake up in the morning to their pretty faces, knowing that I don't have to go to work, but instead that I get to spend the whole day with them. I can't wait to go shopping with the girls, get dressed up for a movie night or a dinner out, or cuddle up on the couch with popcorn and a chick flick. As you can tell, I just can't wait for them to get here in general!

I'm also going to use their visit as an excuse to make an array of delicious foods. I'm already planning on making lasagne, and of course I have to make decadent desserts for my special guests :-). I saw a recipe for tiramisu in a magazine, and I may finally have a reason to make it since there will be more than one coffee lover in our home. I am also planning on making some homemade ice cream for them too, so they can get a taste of what Ryan and I have developed an addiction for.

I feel so blessed that I will be seeing two people that I love the most in less than a month! As you could probably guess, I'm definitely counting down the days to their arrival!

4 comments:

  1. You girls are beautiful! I am so happy for you (and a bit jealous, I'm not gonna lie)! I can't wait until the next time I get to see my family and go shopping with my mommy too! Yay for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If your tiramisu turns out good would you mind passing along the recipe? I tried once before and it was a FAIL.
    I'm glad you are going to have some visitors soon, sounds like you guys will have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to hear all about your special visit. I remember the first time my parents came to visit us, it was so special. I want your tiramisu recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how exciting!
    so i dont know which one you are in the picture. but, today i tried on that same exact skirt the middle girl has on at forever 21!!
    so weird! i saw it and was like whoa! scary! idk. im weird. lol.
    xoxo,
    LenkaLovee

    ReplyDelete