Sunday, September 13, 2009

"My Unexpected Love Story" continued

I thought it was time to post more of my work-in-progress story since it's been a while since I shared the introduction. This portion of the story gives a little more insight into female protagonist. I hope you like it. Let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions.

Kassidy

It’s funny the way life works; not at all according to the plans that we make for ourselves. I knew exactly what I wanted out of life, or at least I thought I did. I’ve always had high hopes for achievement in every phase of my life. During kindergarten, I had to make sure that every apple on my tree was colored to perfection before I went to enjoy recess with the other kids. During elementary school, I would not settle for anything less than spectacular when it came to book reports or class projects. During middle school, I simply had to be the valedictorian of my class. During high school, my goal was to achieve straight A’s throughout the entire four years. I accomplished every one of my endeavors to my great satisfaction. So I moved onto the next plans for my bright future.

I would earn a degree at a prestigious university, then proceed to earn my Master’s degree at an even more prestigious university, then live the rest of my life out in success and happiness. Perhaps I’d find Mr. Right out there somewhere, and we would have two adorable children. But if that didn’t happen, oh well, because I would always have my career. Besides, I had more-or-less relinquished my vision of prince charming years ago. I used to have an entire list of traits that were essential to my ideal guy. As time went by, however, my list dwindled as I began to wonder whether I would simply have to settle for Mr. Almost Right. I understood that nobody can be perfect and that love is not always like a fairytale or “happily ever after.” But I also believed, whether I truly realized it or not, that there had to be something more than good enough.



3 comments:

  1. you are very talented my friend! This is very well written! Looking forward toward reading the rest of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing my gorgeous and talented wife! I can't wait until you get one of your super amazing stories published so you can be my sugar mamma!!!!
    -ry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bailey, I left you a fun challenge on my blog if you got the time :)

    ReplyDelete