Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Fun Questionnaire

Hi everyone! I was given this list of questions to complete by Tatiana. If you haven't seen her blog, take a minute to check it out... It's too cute! Hope you're all having a good week! The rules and questions are below:

1. Respond and rework: Answer the questions on your blog,
Replace one question that you dislike with a question
of your own invention, and add one more question of your own.
2. Tag other un-tagged people.

What is your current obsession?
I don't know if I would call it an obsession because I don't necessarily enjoy having to deal with it, but getting prepared to go back to school in the Spring is definitely a major focus right now. I've been thinking about it (and of course stressing) quite a bit lately. Transfering schools is not very much fun! Another obsession that my husband and I have recently developed is our love of homemade ice cream from our new ice cream maker. Delicious!!!!
Who was the last person you hugged?
My husband. He gives the best hugs ever :-).
What's your favorite dinner?
Hmmm... That's difficult because I just love food in general. It's probably a three-way tie between breakfast for dinner (pancakes, waffles, french toast), chicken pesto pasta, and steak with artichokes. Ugh, I'm getting hungry just thinking about all this amazing food!
What is the most encouraging thing God has shown you about His character lately?
He works wonders through His Word and in His answers to prayer. I just started a Bible study today called Bible Study Fellowship. The speaker shared an incredible story of spiritual transformation. She knew a woman who was raised in a very anti-Christian world religion. As this woman continued through life, she struggled to find the true purpose of life in her childhood beliefs. God tugged at her heart to open a dusty Bible she had stored in the back of her closet. Absent-mindedly, she flipped to the Gospel of John and read the entire book in one sitting. After reading God's inspiring word and the good news of Jesus, she cried out to the Lord and proclaimed her belief in the truth of His Word. How awesome is that!
What are you listening to right now?
I'm sitting in silence right now. It's nice to enjoy some peace and quiet after a day at work, with the constant noise of cash registers, blenders, and food timers going off.
What is your favorite weather?
I like when the weather is in the 80's with LOW HUMIDITY. The humidity part is very important to me after living in Florida heat for the past two months. I also love Autumn in Colorado, when the weather gets just cool enough to wear a sweater, but the sun still shines and the leaves are crisp and brightly colored.
What is your least favorite season?
Right now in Florida. Haha! I don't like walking outside and feeling like I'm in a sauna!
What's in your purse?
Chapstick (always), wallet, pen, snacks, old receipts that I never get around to throwing away, cell phone.
Say something to the person who tagged you:
Tatiana is such a sweet, spunky, and beautiful girl with great style and taste. She has a special talent for drawing you into every one of her stories, and she clearly tries to live her life in Christ-centered faith.
What is your favorite dessert or cool treat?
(Besides our homemade ice cream) Ben & Jerry's "Imagine Whirled Peace" ice cream and dulce de leche cheesecake at Cheesecake Factory
What did you want to become as a child?
A singer/actress, a teacher, a photographer, a marine biologist (due to Free Willy, haha), and a writer.
What do you want to be now?
I still would like to be a writer of some sort, and eventually get work in editing or publishing. As a person, I want to be someone who exudes love for my Savior, my husband, my family, my friends, and everyone else I meet. I want to be a clear reflection of 1 Corinthians 13:4.
What do you miss?
I miss my mom, dad, and sister terribly! I've always been so close to my family, and it's hard being far away from them. I miss my two grandmas who both passed away last year. I miss the beautiful Colorado mountains and wonderfully fresh air. I miss our family's little crazy dog, who is also back in Colorado. But one thing I don't miss is being away from the man I love. It's so awesome getting to see his face every day!
Which is you favorite country/state, and why?
Even though I adored Spain when I traveled there with my family, I still feel so blessed to live in the U.S. And while there are many lovely things about Florida, I still love Colorado. The ocean is gorgeous, but the towering Rocky Mountains always stopped me in my tracks and made me feel awed at God's incredible creation.
If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
I would go to Chicago and wander the city with my little sissy. (I was going to say Colorado, but I haven't been to Chicago before, and I miss my sister like crazy!)
What are your most challenging goals right now?
Staying motivated and faithful as I prepare for school in the Spring and trusting God to resolve my hectic work schedule so that I can be a loving and attentive wife.
What is your 5 year plan?
Finishing school and starting a career in writing/editing/publishing. Drawing closer to my God and to my husband. Building new friendships in Florida and wherever the Coast Guard sends us next. Possibly thinking about adding to our family down the road (a while down the road :-)).
What is your favorite sport to watch?
I don't love watching sports, but because my huband definitely does, I am starting to like watching football and basketball more than I used to. And when there is a good tournament, like the recent US Open, I really like watching tennis.
What show would you want to be a cast member on (reality included)?
I guess I would be on House, just because I love that show and I can't think of anything else. Actually, I've recently become a big fan of "Reba," which is pretty cheesy but hilarious at the same time, so it might be fun to be a cast member on that!
What is your most prized possession?
I'm going to copy Tatiana and say my husband. I am so blessed to have him in my life, along with my incredible set of loving family members.
Name one favorite childhood memory.
Playing with my little sister, Jordan, in our make-shift fort/playhouse under the stairs of our Grammie's house. We always looked forward to visiting her and using our imaginations to create a wonderful world of our own!

Try it out if you have the time!
Stephanie at "Life Together"
Courtney at "Starting Out"

1 comment:

  1. It was soo much fun reading yours! My favorite part to read from those surveys is the "childhood memory". It's like you get a little glimpse of that person's past. And I really love Reba and her dysfunctional family too! .

    ReplyDelete